CHS Moves to Populate Tenet Board with Takeover Supporters
Alternate candidates are:
- James O. Egan, 62, non-executive chair of PHH Corp. Previously, he was managing director, Global Private Equity at Investcorp International, Inc.
- Jon Rotenstreich, 67, managing partner of RF Partners, a financial advisory and investment firm, and a founding principal of Bayer Properties Inc., a real estate development company.
- Gary M. Stein, 60, a principal at the Stein Consultancy, LLC. He served as president/CEO and director of Touro Infirmary Health System, and chairman of the Metropolitan Hospital Council of Greater New Orleans.
- Larry Yost, 72, former chairman/CEO of ArvinMeritor, Inc., an automotive supplier.
Community Health is located in Franklin, TN, and is the largest publicly traded hospital company in the U.S., with 126 hospitals in 29 states and 19,400 licensed beds. It also says it is a leading operator of non-urban and mid-size market general acute care hospitals.
Based in Dallas, Tenet owns 49 acute care hospitals in 11 states, 64 outpatient centers and has 57,000 employees.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations