CHS Moves to Populate Tenet Board with Takeover Supporters
Alternate candidates are:
- James O. Egan, 62, non-executive chair of PHH Corp. Previously, he was managing director, Global Private Equity at Investcorp International, Inc.
- Jon Rotenstreich, 67, managing partner of RF Partners, a financial advisory and investment firm, and a founding principal of Bayer Properties Inc., a real estate development company.
- Gary M. Stein, 60, a principal at the Stein Consultancy, LLC. He served as president/CEO and director of Touro Infirmary Health System, and chairman of the Metropolitan Hospital Council of Greater New Orleans.
- Larry Yost, 72, former chairman/CEO of ArvinMeritor, Inc., an automotive supplier.
Community Health is located in Franklin, TN, and is the largest publicly traded hospital company in the U.S., with 126 hospitals in 29 states and 19,400 licensed beds. It also says it is a leading operator of non-urban and mid-size market general acute care hospitals.
Based in Dallas, Tenet owns 49 acute care hospitals in 11 states, 64 outpatient centers and has 57,000 employees.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told