From 'Cookbook' to Evidence-Based Medicine
"It comes down to playing a game of Jeopardy!," he says.
Interesting interjection, because speaking of Jeopardy!, which is involved in another IBM project that's getting a lot more media attention than this one, I hear that a human, (a Congressman, no less) has finally beaten Watson.
Something tells me IBM didn't develop this computer with an idea that it would confine its talents to wining at a game show many more times than it loses. Maybe Watson is seeking a new challenge.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses