From 'Cookbook' to Evidence-Based Medicine
"It comes down to playing a game of Jeopardy!," he says.
Interesting interjection, because speaking of Jeopardy!, which is involved in another IBM project that's getting a lot more media attention than this one, I hear that a human, (a Congressman, no less) has finally beaten Watson.
Something tells me IBM didn't develop this computer with an idea that it would confine its talents to wining at a game show many more times than it loses. Maybe Watson is seeking a new challenge.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare