From 'Cookbook' to Evidence-Based Medicine
"It comes down to playing a game of Jeopardy!," he says.
Interesting interjection, because speaking of Jeopardy!, which is involved in another IBM project that's getting a lot more media attention than this one, I hear that a human, (a Congressman, no less) has finally beaten Watson.
Something tells me IBM didn't develop this computer with an idea that it would confine its talents to wining at a game show many more times than it loses. Maybe Watson is seeking a new challenge.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients