From 'Cookbook' to Evidence-Based Medicine
"It comes down to playing a game of Jeopardy!," he says.
Interesting interjection, because speaking of Jeopardy!, which is involved in another IBM project that's getting a lot more media attention than this one, I hear that a human, (a Congressman, no less) has finally beaten Watson.
Something tells me IBM didn't develop this computer with an idea that it would confine its talents to wining at a game show many more times than it loses. Maybe Watson is seeking a new challenge.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- The Flourishing Medical Tourism Business in America
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages