NQF Endorses 41 Standards of Pediatric Care
Gaps, however, remain for measures focused on child function, health-related quality of life, patient and caregiver experience with care, pediatric inpatient care, promotion of healthful behaviors, and other areas, according to an NQF summary report on the latest endorsements.
Burstin said that some didn't make the cut because of the difficulty to reliably collect information from the medical record.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition