NQF Endorses 41 Standards of Pediatric Care
Gaps, however, remain for measures focused on child function, health-related quality of life, patient and caregiver experience with care, pediatric inpatient care, promotion of healthful behaviors, and other areas, according to an NQF summary report on the latest endorsements.
Burstin said that some didn't make the cut because of the difficulty to reliably collect information from the medical record.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations