Insurer Hikes FFS Pay, Providers Notch Savings
As it stands now, the program requires access to reliable data that smaller physician groups simply can't produce. Over time, Maturi envisions smaller groups joining together into accountable care organizations or similar arrangements that would allow Premera to collectively implement the global outcomes contracting model into small practices.
Premera has taken a first step in that process with the signing of Northwest Physician Network, an IPA with several hundred independent physicians.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations