Providers, Payers Largely Favor PPACA Decision
"As the reform law is implemented, health plans will continue to focus on promoting affordability and peace of mind for their beneficiaries," said America's Health Insurance Plans CEO Karen Ignagni. "The law expands coverage to millions of Americans, a goal health plans have long supported, but major provisions, such as the premium tax, will have the unintended consequences of raising costs and disrupting coverage unless they are addressed.
She pledged that health plans will continue to work with policymakers "on both sides of the aisle" to make coverage more affordable, give families and employers peace of mind and promote choice and competition."
Other reaction to the landmark decision:
• Institute for Healthcare Improvement CEO Maureen Bisognano said the decision is great for its ability to expand access to care for millions of Americans.
But that alone isn't the answer, she said. Still ahead is necessary change to achieve the so-called triple aim of "better health, better healthcare, and lower per capita cost. "With this court decision now behind us, our nation's attention should shift" to the challenging task of making our healthcare system sustainable, she said.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- In 2015, Target Online Security or Be a Target