Providers, Payers Largely Favor PPACA Decision
"As the reform law is implemented, health plans will continue to focus on promoting affordability and peace of mind for their beneficiaries," said America's Health Insurance Plans CEO Karen Ignagni. "The law expands coverage to millions of Americans, a goal health plans have long supported, but major provisions, such as the premium tax, will have the unintended consequences of raising costs and disrupting coverage unless they are addressed.
She pledged that health plans will continue to work with policymakers "on both sides of the aisle" to make coverage more affordable, give families and employers peace of mind and promote choice and competition."
Other reaction to the landmark decision:
• Institute for Healthcare Improvement CEO Maureen Bisognano said the decision is great for its ability to expand access to care for millions of Americans.
But that alone isn't the answer, she said. Still ahead is necessary change to achieve the so-called triple aim of "better health, better healthcare, and lower per capita cost. "With this court decision now behind us, our nation's attention should shift" to the challenging task of making our healthcare system sustainable, she said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts