CFO Exchange: Healthcare Reform Breeds Innovation
On the debut of the health insurance exchanges:
"Payers know they will take a big haircut on exchanges as [they are] fee-for-service. That's why so many in our state decided not to participate. Because the healthy young won't join and older people will at lower price than their risk. Whoever decides to do it for market share is taking a huge gamble."
—Rich Rothberger, CFO, Scripps Health
Today's CFOs identified numerous challenges, but they're not just cataloguing those challenges—they're doing their best to implement solutions. Through this kind of information sharing, HealthLeaders is doing its best to help facilitate the transfer of knowledge in perhaps the most challenging time not only for healthcare CFOs, but for the entire healthcare system.
Healthcare is changing rapidly, and CFOs aren't standing still—they're racing to innovate.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says