Business Roundup: Healthcare M&A Activity Brisk
"As stewards of a valued community resource, our board of directors and leadership team know it is our responsibility to preserve and advance healthcare in our region," DeNarvaez said in prepared remarks.
"Unlike many health systems, Wellmont is fortunate to be in a position of clinical strength and relative financial stability thanks to the great work of our physicians, co-workers and leadership. The board and the administration are committed to continue pursuing all internal options to ensure the financial stability of our health system for the future."
DeNarvaez says the "guiding principles" that will govern the assessment include:
- Significant financial strength to advance medical, technological and organizational innovation and to develop new care models
- Optimization of information and medical technology systems
- A robust physician network and physician recruitment capacity and commitment to physician leadership
"By proactively embarking on this process, we are taking our future into our own hands and creating a stronger health system for the communities we serve," DeNarvaez said
HMA Stockholders Accept CHS Merger Offer
Stockholders at Naples, FL-based Health Management Associates have voted overwhelmingly to accept the previously announced merger agreement with rival Community Health Systems, Inc., of Franklin, TN. The deal was announced jointly last week by the two for-profit hospital chains.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations