Business Roundup: Health System Buyers, Partnerships Sought
HCA TriStar Buys Grandview MC from Capella
HCA's TriStar Division has announced it is buying Grandview Medical Center from Capella Healthcare. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The 70-bed Grandview Medical Center is located in Jasper, TN, near Chattanooga, and serves five counties in Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. The hospital will become part of the Parkridge Health System in HCA's TriStar Division. With the acquisition of Grandview, the Parkridge Health System will grow to five hospitals in the Chattanooga market.
"The addition of Grandview Medical Center will enhance our ability to serve the Chattanooga market and deliver the highest quality patient care possible close to where people live and work," Steve Corbeil, president of HCA's TriStar Division, said in prepared remarks. "We look forward to welcoming Grandview to TriStar and Parkridge Health System."
The transaction awaits regulatory approvals but is expected to be completed by the end of March.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers