Healthcare Competition This Way Comes
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
Banner is spending “a lot of time thinking our way through developing relationships with physicians and physician groups.” Its employed model is growing rapidly and the system is beginning to
analyze those physicians who are not in its employ. “What are the mechanisms we can use to develop those relationships?” he asks. “The main emphasis in this bill has been access, not reduction in the cost of care, but the starting point is not an endpoint, and there will be significant modification in the next number of years as we focus on the provision of care under this new model.”
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- Critical Times for Small and Rural Hospitals
- Advanced EHRs Save 10% Per Patient, Study Says
- Providence, Swedish Health Launch Employer-Driven ACO
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not
- Infuriated by MOC Rules, Physicians Unleash on Certification Boards