Healthcare Competition This Way Comes
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
Banner is spending “a lot of time thinking our way through developing relationships with physicians and physician groups.” Its employed model is growing rapidly and the system is beginning to
analyze those physicians who are not in its employ. “What are the mechanisms we can use to develop those relationships?” he asks. “The main emphasis in this bill has been access, not reduction in the cost of care, but the starting point is not an endpoint, and there will be significant modification in the next number of years as we focus on the provision of care under this new model.”
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives