Healthcare Competition This Way Comes
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
Banner is spending “a lot of time thinking our way through developing relationships with physicians and physician groups.” Its employed model is growing rapidly and the system is beginning to
analyze those physicians who are not in its employ. “What are the mechanisms we can use to develop those relationships?” he asks. “The main emphasis in this bill has been access, not reduction in the cost of care, but the starting point is not an endpoint, and there will be significant modification in the next number of years as we focus on the provision of care under this new model.”
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts