Healthcare Competition This Way Comes
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
Banner is spending “a lot of time thinking our way through developing relationships with physicians and physician groups.” Its employed model is growing rapidly and the system is beginning to
analyze those physicians who are not in its employ. “What are the mechanisms we can use to develop those relationships?” he asks. “The main emphasis in this bill has been access, not reduction in the cost of care, but the starting point is not an endpoint, and there will be significant modification in the next number of years as we focus on the provision of care under this new model.”
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer