Healthcare Competition This Way Comes
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
Banner is spending “a lot of time thinking our way through developing relationships with physicians and physician groups.” Its employed model is growing rapidly and the system is beginning to
analyze those physicians who are not in its employ. “What are the mechanisms we can use to develop those relationships?” he asks. “The main emphasis in this bill has been access, not reduction in the cost of care, but the starting point is not an endpoint, and there will be significant modification in the next number of years as we focus on the provision of care under this new model.”
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'