Physician Alignment, Collaboration, and Quality Care
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
“When you start talking about collaborative models, it’s the ACO piece that has physicians hesitant,” says Ranney. “Frankly, it’s got executives hesitant, too. That’s why there’s little push to participate. But over time, those kinds of issues will be solved. You’ll gradually get into it, continually improve it, do it with pilots, and with other models where they’re minimally at risk. We have to be careful that as we do this it’s truly about quality of care, understanding that finance influences quality, and that cost control doesn’t create problems for quality.”
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers