Physician Alignment, Collaboration, and Quality Care
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
“When you start talking about collaborative models, it’s the ACO piece that has physicians hesitant,” says Ranney. “Frankly, it’s got executives hesitant, too. That’s why there’s little push to participate. But over time, those kinds of issues will be solved. You’ll gradually get into it, continually improve it, do it with pilots, and with other models where they’re minimally at risk. We have to be careful that as we do this it’s truly about quality of care, understanding that finance influences quality, and that cost control doesn’t create problems for quality.”
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says