Physician Alignment, Collaboration, and Quality Care
Qualify for a free subscription to HealthLeaders magazine.
“When you start talking about collaborative models, it’s the ACO piece that has physicians hesitant,” says Ranney. “Frankly, it’s got executives hesitant, too. That’s why there’s little push to participate. But over time, those kinds of issues will be solved. You’ll gradually get into it, continually improve it, do it with pilots, and with other models where they’re minimally at risk. We have to be careful that as we do this it’s truly about quality of care, understanding that finance influences quality, and that cost control doesn’t create problems for quality.”
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts