Physician Recruiters Share Alternative Strategies
Also marketers are too focused on building patient volume, when the larger issue will be accommodating staff to meet that volume, Kessler says. His top strategic tips for marketers looking to improve their physician recruitment efforts include the following:
1. Website – Physicians research. It's what they do. Make sure your website is accurate before they investigate.
2. Branding initiatives – If you are going to direct marketing tactics, you need to understand and build your organization's reputation.
3. Unity – Make sure that your website and organization are united with the same message.
4. ROI – Here's one of the most important points. A physician portal allows marketers to track and measure response rates and can manipulate their efforts as a result.
"In the past, marketing practices have asked how do you get more patients to more programs, but pretty soon you are going to see more strategies to get more physicians," Kessler says.
"You are going to see smaller health systems struggle – big players will come in and crowd the field – you have to build your brand so it won't be a significant challenge," he adds. "It's going to be a significant investment and there's no quick solution, [marketers] should start looking into it now."
I agree with Kessler. It's time for marketers to start building their recruitment strategies before they are attracting too many patients without anyone to treat them.
Buzz Survey: Physician Growth Strategy
Questions? Comments? Story ideas? Anna Webster, Online Content Coordinator for HealthLeaders Media, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Anna Webster on Twitter
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement