Physician Recruiters Share Alternative Strategies
Also marketers are too focused on building patient volume, when the larger issue will be accommodating staff to meet that volume, Kessler says. His top strategic tips for marketers looking to improve their physician recruitment efforts include the following:
1. Website – Physicians research. It's what they do. Make sure your website is accurate before they investigate.
2. Branding initiatives – If you are going to direct marketing tactics, you need to understand and build your organization's reputation.
3. Unity – Make sure that your website and organization are united with the same message.
4. ROI – Here's one of the most important points. A physician portal allows marketers to track and measure response rates and can manipulate their efforts as a result.
"In the past, marketing practices have asked how do you get more patients to more programs, but pretty soon you are going to see more strategies to get more physicians," Kessler says.
"You are going to see smaller health systems struggle – big players will come in and crowd the field – you have to build your brand so it won't be a significant challenge," he adds. "It's going to be a significant investment and there's no quick solution, [marketers] should start looking into it now."
I agree with Kessler. It's time for marketers to start building their recruitment strategies before they are attracting too many patients without anyone to treat them.
Buzz Survey: Physician Growth Strategy
Questions? Comments? Story ideas? Anna Webster, Online Content Coordinator for HealthLeaders Media, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Anna Webster on Twitter
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet