4 YouTube Best Practices for Healthcare Marketers
I recommend the second scenario. Not only are you creating a better experience for the unhappy patient or family member in that instance, but you are also demonstrating to everyone else who views your video that your organization listens to its patients.
4. Freshen up the content
"The key to using any social media is to keep it fresh and relevant," Shelley says. "There's nothing worse than to visit a hospital's YouTube channel or any other form of social media and see the same content that was there six months ago."
This is why creating a detailed, thought-out social media plan is critical to any marketing strategy. When you let a YouTube channel or any other social media platform stagnate, all of the prior effort you and your team put into it amounts to nothing.
But if you continually create riveting, on-message, timely content, your online audience will thrive, as LMC's has.
"If your content is solid, high quality and you produce enough frequency so that it's constantly being updated, then you're ready to start a YouTube channel," Shelley says.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data