Luxury Hospital Facilities Put Patient Experience First
Sanford Health, Sioux Falls SD
Sanford Health recently broke ground on a new multi-use sports facility called simply "The Pentagon." The 160,000 square-foot building will be the epicenter of the health system's new sports complex.
The facility includes nine basketball courts; six high-school regulation, two professional/college practice court, and a 1950s/1960s-inspired "heritage" court.
"Some may wonder why would a health system invest in this type of project. But this is what we do as an organization. We invest in our community, and we whole-heartedly believe in investing in the health of our young people," Nate White, Sanford Health's chief operating officer for the Sioux Falls division, said in a release. "Sanford Health's mission is dedicated to the work of health and healing. While it is always our goal to heal those who need our care when they are ill, it is also our mission to keep people healthy. That includes giving them opportunities and resources to stay healthy."
The building is, in fact, shaped like a pentagon. Floor space can be transitioned from basketball to accommodate up to 11 volleyball courts as well as wrestling or dancing events. And while the facility is focused on athletics, it will also serve other community needs. View slideshow.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told