Luxury Hospital Facilities Put Patient Experience First
Sanford Health, Sioux Falls SD
Sanford Health recently broke ground on a new multi-use sports facility called simply "The Pentagon." The 160,000 square-foot building will be the epicenter of the health system's new sports complex.
The facility includes nine basketball courts; six high-school regulation, two professional/college practice court, and a 1950s/1960s-inspired "heritage" court.
"Some may wonder why would a health system invest in this type of project. But this is what we do as an organization. We invest in our community, and we whole-heartedly believe in investing in the health of our young people," Nate White, Sanford Health's chief operating officer for the Sioux Falls division, said in a release. "Sanford Health's mission is dedicated to the work of health and healing. While it is always our goal to heal those who need our care when they are ill, it is also our mission to keep people healthy. That includes giving them opportunities and resources to stay healthy."
The building is, in fact, shaped like a pentagon. Floor space can be transitioned from basketball to accommodate up to 11 volleyball courts as well as wrestling or dancing events. And while the facility is focused on athletics, it will also serve other community needs. View slideshow.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US