3 Ways Green Hospital Initiatives Aid Marketing Efforts
3. Improving employee morale
Cleveland Clinic has found that its employees have especially embraced the green efforts. Though it promotes sustainability work online, in annual reports, and through internal signage, the staff and caregivers have been the initiatives greatest advocates.
"We've found our caregivers' enthusiasm and dedication to green initiatives most successful," Vernon says. "So much so, that our efforts have been recognized by the federal government. A key component of earning 'Energy Star Partner' for the last two years has been the engagement of our caregivers."
NSUH has also found that employees reacted very positively when they found out about the new LEED Platinum Certification.
"Achieving LEED Certification at any level helps to illustrate to our patients, staff, and visitors that the health system is committed to design, construct, and maintain facilities of the highest quality and the most healthful environment possible," LaBonne says. "Showing our clients that we understand the impact our built environment has on their well being reinforces that they will receive the best possible care."
With green initiatives, everyone wins. Hospitals can save money, win awards, and improve the local environment. And, with the right marketing angle, green efforts can result in market differentiation, community engagement, and happier employees. And it doesn't have to stop there. View Slideshow.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers