Healthcare Image Management Done Right
The straightforwardness and honesty of the "This is Nursing" campaign is a lesson for U.S. healthcare marketers. Sure, the NHS and RCN are playing with a different set of rules. They don't operate in a competitive marketplace like we do here.
But coming forward to own up to the mistakes of a small group and following that with a nationwide campaign lauding the work of the majority of nurses is a simple yet effective approach to restore their public image.
I am also intrigued by the idea of turning an image campaign into a recruitment effort, which the NHS and RCN could easily do. In many ways the messaging is the same, so they may as well ride the wave of momentum generated by "This is Nursing."
Every once in a while, it's nice to take a step back and look at what other healthcare organizations–and countries–are doing in the marketing space. You might just glean some ideas to take home.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay