Healthcare Image Management Done Right
The straightforwardness and honesty of the "This is Nursing" campaign is a lesson for U.S. healthcare marketers. Sure, the NHS and RCN are playing with a different set of rules. They don't operate in a competitive marketplace like we do here.
But coming forward to own up to the mistakes of a small group and following that with a nationwide campaign lauding the work of the majority of nurses is a simple yet effective approach to restore their public image.
I am also intrigued by the idea of turning an image campaign into a recruitment effort, which the NHS and RCN could easily do. In many ways the messaging is the same, so they may as well ride the wave of momentum generated by "This is Nursing."
Every once in a while, it's nice to take a step back and look at what other healthcare organizations–and countries–are doing in the marketing space. You might just glean some ideas to take home.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions