Baylor Health Care System, Scott & White to Merge
For now, much of the hospitals' operations will remain separate including brands, foundations, and medical staff. However, Baylor and Scott & White will collaborate on medical education and research to attract physicians, research initiatives, and grants.
The next step is due diligence which will last well into next year. Until then, Baylor Scott & White Health will have two operating divisions: Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare. The respective CEOS will remain in their same roles. The two operating divisions will eventually consolidate.
Allison says Baylor Scott & White Health will represent a new model of care for Texas and the nation.
"We are very excited about this opportunity. We think it's transformational as it relates to where healthcare is going. We want to be that model of what we believe will create value for the patients we serve," he said.
Jacqueline Fellows is an editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Medicare is pricier in unhealthy states, study says
- Mobile Health Screenings Come Under Scrutiny
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals
- Strategically, Physicians Make Room for RNs