Baylor Health Care System, Scott & White to Merge
For now, much of the hospitals' operations will remain separate including brands, foundations, and medical staff. However, Baylor and Scott & White will collaborate on medical education and research to attract physicians, research initiatives, and grants.
The next step is due diligence which will last well into next year. Until then, Baylor Scott & White Health will have two operating divisions: Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare. The respective CEOS will remain in their same roles. The two operating divisions will eventually consolidate.
Allison says Baylor Scott & White Health will represent a new model of care for Texas and the nation.
"We are very excited about this opportunity. We think it's transformational as it relates to where healthcare is going. We want to be that model of what we believe will create value for the patients we serve," he said.
Jacqueline Fellows is an editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing