Smart Hospital Sponsorships Lead to Community Engagement
French Hospital Medical Center sponsors marathon
Despite the outreach opportunities the sponsoring hospital missed at my road race, athletic events are the perfect outreach event for healthcare organizations. All participants are already health-minded and eager to learn more.
For the second year, French Hospital will be the official sponsor and medical provider for the San Luis Obispo Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K.
"We rest easy knowing that should something happen out on the course, our participants are in good hands with the French Hospital staff," said Heather Hellman, SLO Marathon event director, in a media release.
The hospital is planning on giving lectures after each of the three races on about nutrition and diabetes prevention, cardiovascular health, and cancer prevention and resources.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts