Smart Hospital Sponsorships Lead to Community Engagement
French Hospital Medical Center sponsors marathon
Despite the outreach opportunities the sponsoring hospital missed at my road race, athletic events are the perfect outreach event for healthcare organizations. All participants are already health-minded and eager to learn more.
For the second year, French Hospital will be the official sponsor and medical provider for the San Luis Obispo Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K.
"We rest easy knowing that should something happen out on the course, our participants are in good hands with the French Hospital staff," said Heather Hellman, SLO Marathon event director, in a media release.
The hospital is planning on giving lectures after each of the three races on about nutrition and diabetes prevention, cardiovascular health, and cancer prevention and resources.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Less Blood Testing for Some Surgeries Safe, Cost Effective
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Lower ED Margins Demand a Better Strategy