Smart Hospital Sponsorships Lead to Community Engagement
French Hospital Medical Center sponsors marathon
Despite the outreach opportunities the sponsoring hospital missed at my road race, athletic events are the perfect outreach event for healthcare organizations. All participants are already health-minded and eager to learn more.
For the second year, French Hospital will be the official sponsor and medical provider for the San Luis Obispo Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K.
"We rest easy knowing that should something happen out on the course, our participants are in good hands with the French Hospital staff," said Heather Hellman, SLO Marathon event director, in a media release.
The hospital is planning on giving lectures after each of the three races on about nutrition and diabetes prevention, cardiovascular health, and cancer prevention and resources.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty