Smart Hospital Sponsorships Lead to Community Engagement
French Hospital Medical Center sponsors marathon
Despite the outreach opportunities the sponsoring hospital missed at my road race, athletic events are the perfect outreach event for healthcare organizations. All participants are already health-minded and eager to learn more.
For the second year, French Hospital will be the official sponsor and medical provider for the San Luis Obispo Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K.
"We rest easy knowing that should something happen out on the course, our participants are in good hands with the French Hospital staff," said Heather Hellman, SLO Marathon event director, in a media release.
The hospital is planning on giving lectures after each of the three races on about nutrition and diabetes prevention, cardiovascular health, and cancer prevention and resources.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal