Hospitals, Don't Fear Retail Health Clinics. Join Them.
"It is recognized that ready access to quality care and preventive services are essential for the well-being of our community," Carlos Rosende, MD, executive director of UT Medicine told San Antonio Business Journal.
"Our association brings those key elements of the MinuteClinic concept together with our expertise in comprehensive primary care and in the full spectrum of medical and surgical specialties. Our collaboration will extend superb medical care to a greater segment of our population."
By joining with CVS or any other large pharmacy chain, hospitals can create a new channel for downstream revenue without taking on much risk. The pharmacies have the customer base, the national branding machine, and the deep pockets. The hospital brings its expertise, its physicians, and its clinical reputation.
And if you provide good, swift care, that elusive younger generation will remember their experience with your organization when they have a health problem that can't be solved in the cold remedy aisle.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'