Hospitals, Don't Fear Retail Health Clinics. Join Them.
"It is recognized that ready access to quality care and preventive services are essential for the well-being of our community," Carlos Rosende, MD, executive director of UT Medicine told San Antonio Business Journal.
"Our association brings those key elements of the MinuteClinic concept together with our expertise in comprehensive primary care and in the full spectrum of medical and surgical specialties. Our collaboration will extend superb medical care to a greater segment of our population."
By joining with CVS or any other large pharmacy chain, hospitals can create a new channel for downstream revenue without taking on much risk. The pharmacies have the customer base, the national branding machine, and the deep pockets. The hospital brings its expertise, its physicians, and its clinical reputation.
And if you provide good, swift care, that elusive younger generation will remember their experience with your organization when they have a health problem that can't be solved in the cold remedy aisle.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year