Hospitals, Don't Fear Retail Health Clinics. Join Them.
"It is recognized that ready access to quality care and preventive services are essential for the well-being of our community," Carlos Rosende, MD, executive director of UT Medicine told San Antonio Business Journal.
"Our association brings those key elements of the MinuteClinic concept together with our expertise in comprehensive primary care and in the full spectrum of medical and surgical specialties. Our collaboration will extend superb medical care to a greater segment of our population."
By joining with CVS or any other large pharmacy chain, hospitals can create a new channel for downstream revenue without taking on much risk. The pharmacies have the customer base, the national branding machine, and the deep pockets. The hospital brings its expertise, its physicians, and its clinical reputation.
And if you provide good, swift care, that elusive younger generation will remember their experience with your organization when they have a health problem that can't be solved in the cold remedy aisle.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing