Why Performance Scores Will Matter More in the Future
The findings show that marketing professionals placed increasing importance on managing physician relationship and customer relationship databases. Those two tools are scarce among hospital systems now, but can be powerful allies in helping manage an organization's message; however, it's unclear how a PRM or CRM can track a strategy aimed at improving patient experience or satisfaction.
Marketing, communications and strategic planning professionals have always been under pressure to perform. Until a full transition from volume to value occurs, they'll continue to straddle a divide between the past and the future, often without a lot of quantitative results to show the value of their contributions.
SHSMD's report on the future these professionals envision shows healthcare marketing pros are aware of the increasing need for metrics, and the tools to help them mine for that data.
"With changes in financial business models, and a push for efficiency and cost reduction, it will be even more important to understand what marketing efforts are working."
Jacqueline Fellows is an editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic