3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
My favorite element in this e-newsletter is that feature story is written by a member of the clinical care team. In the Fall 2013 issue, Linda Trainor, RN, BSN, tells the story of a young woman named Samantha who made the decision to have a lap-band procedure when she was just 19.
"After extensive research and discussion with her primary care physician and parents, Sam opted to have weight loss surgery," Trainor writes. "She decided that the adjustable gastric (lap) band was the right choice for her, taking into consideration that it was a less invasive procedure and could be personalized with band fill adjustments."
The newsletter serves the dual purpose of helping former patients continue to lose weight and maintain weight loss, while also highlighting their successful results to potential patients.
BIDMC's Weight Loss Surgery Center's microsite also features video testimonials, a weight loss seminar schedule, and an on-demand webinar about weight loss surgery.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside