3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
My favorite element in this e-newsletter is that feature story is written by a member of the clinical care team. In the Fall 2013 issue, Linda Trainor, RN, BSN, tells the story of a young woman named Samantha who made the decision to have a lap-band procedure when she was just 19.
"After extensive research and discussion with her primary care physician and parents, Sam opted to have weight loss surgery," Trainor writes. "She decided that the adjustable gastric (lap) band was the right choice for her, taking into consideration that it was a less invasive procedure and could be personalized with band fill adjustments."
The newsletter serves the dual purpose of helping former patients continue to lose weight and maintain weight loss, while also highlighting their successful results to potential patients.
BIDMC's Weight Loss Surgery Center's microsite also features video testimonials, a weight loss seminar schedule, and an on-demand webinar about weight loss surgery.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013