3 Inexpensive Ways to Enhance Patient Experience
It should be noted that this change came after a local TV station criticized the organization's high parking rates. While it was a smart move for the University of Iowa to lower its rate after the fact, it would have been a more positive public relations effort had the organization reviewed its fees before a public outcry arose.
Of course it's impossible to know what issue might become a hot topic with the local news outlets, but this incident serves as a reminder for hospitals to make sure fees and rates are competitive. If you are able to offer even a small discount, patients and their family members will appreciate the few extra bucks that stay in their pockets.
And that appreciation just might be reflected in your patient experience scores.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules