3 Inexpensive Ways to Enhance Patient Experience
It should be noted that this change came after a local TV station criticized the organization's high parking rates. While it was a smart move for the University of Iowa to lower its rate after the fact, it would have been a more positive public relations effort had the organization reviewed its fees before a public outcry arose.
Of course it's impossible to know what issue might become a hot topic with the local news outlets, but this incident serves as a reminder for hospitals to make sure fees and rates are competitive. If you are able to offer even a small discount, patients and their family members will appreciate the few extra bucks that stay in their pockets.
And that appreciation just might be reflected in your patient experience scores.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health
- Rural Means Older and Sicker, Data Confirms