3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make
"And if I can understand that, that enables me to do a better job for a patient, provide care that's meaningful on their terms," he said. "If you get in that habit of trying to understand a patient's story, what's going through their experience, that helps inform and guide how to engage the patient."
While programs like LEAPP are helping the next generation of physicians gain a better understanding of the patient experience, hospitals and health systems can set up similar programs to educate their current staff.
Patient stories that give an insight into their experience at your organization can be shared internally in a number of ways, in meetings, via email, or on video hosted on the intranet. If marketers can take a patient story and create content that succeeds in a provider or staff member stepping into the patient's shoes for a moment, that can affect how they approach the patient experience.
Learning from Consumer Technology
Disney has long been a benchmark for companies and organizations in every field when it comes to providing a positive consumer experience. The company recently added a new technological feature that may be adaptable to hospitals.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals