Management Education: Talking Points
Have a mix of internal and external faculty. Honor and acknowledge organization wisdom and challenge participants to reach out to new voices and new approaches.
Know your first efforts will not be your last efforts.
Reference: Knowles, M. (1998). The Adult Learner: The Definitive Classic in Adult Education and Human Resource Development. Houston, TX: Gulf Publishing.
Betty Noyes, RN, MA, is president of Noyes & Associates, Ltd., a nationwide healthcare consulting service. For more information, visit www.noyesconsult.com.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments