Inside an Award-winning ED's Nursing Department
It all adds up to excellence in patient safety and happier nurses.
"We know it's a very demanding job," Damian says.
The other Lantern Award recipients for 2012 are:
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Emergency Department (Barrington, IL)
Beaumont Health System – Grosse Pointe Emergency Center (Grosse Pointe, MI)
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Ruth and Harry Roman ED (Los Angeles, CA)
Chandler Regional Medical Center Emergency Department (Chandler, AZ)
Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Seay Emergency Center (Dallas, TX)
Cincinnati Children's Hospital ED – Burnet Campus (Cincinnati, OH)
Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center (Indianapolis, IN)
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy