Inside an Award-winning ED's Nursing Department
It all adds up to excellence in patient safety and happier nurses.
"We know it's a very demanding job," Damian says.
The other Lantern Award recipients for 2012 are:
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Emergency Department (Barrington, IL)
Beaumont Health System – Grosse Pointe Emergency Center (Grosse Pointe, MI)
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Ruth and Harry Roman ED (Los Angeles, CA)
Chandler Regional Medical Center Emergency Department (Chandler, AZ)
Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Seay Emergency Center (Dallas, TX)
Cincinnati Children's Hospital ED – Burnet Campus (Cincinnati, OH)
Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center (Indianapolis, IN)
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- As virus spreads, insurers exclude Ebola from new policies
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- After Ebola patient cured, NE hospital takes cautions anew
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform