Inside an Award-winning ED's Nursing Department
It all adds up to excellence in patient safety and happier nurses.
"We know it's a very demanding job," Damian says.
The other Lantern Award recipients for 2012 are:
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Emergency Department (Barrington, IL)
Beaumont Health System – Grosse Pointe Emergency Center (Grosse Pointe, MI)
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Ruth and Harry Roman ED (Los Angeles, CA)
Chandler Regional Medical Center Emergency Department (Chandler, AZ)
Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Seay Emergency Center (Dallas, TX)
Cincinnati Children's Hospital ED – Burnet Campus (Cincinnati, OH)
Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center (Indianapolis, IN)
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big