Inside an Award-winning ED's Nursing Department
It all adds up to excellence in patient safety and happier nurses.
"We know it's a very demanding job," Damian says.
The other Lantern Award recipients for 2012 are:
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Emergency Department (Barrington, IL)
Beaumont Health System – Grosse Pointe Emergency Center (Grosse Pointe, MI)
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Ruth and Harry Roman ED (Los Angeles, CA)
Chandler Regional Medical Center Emergency Department (Chandler, AZ)
Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Seay Emergency Center (Dallas, TX)
Cincinnati Children's Hospital ED – Burnet Campus (Cincinnati, OH)
Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center (Indianapolis, IN)
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure