Inside an Award-winning ED's Nursing Department
It all adds up to excellence in patient safety and happier nurses.
"We know it's a very demanding job," Damian says.
The other Lantern Award recipients for 2012 are:
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Emergency Department (Barrington, IL)
Beaumont Health System – Grosse Pointe Emergency Center (Grosse Pointe, MI)
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Ruth and Harry Roman ED (Los Angeles, CA)
Chandler Regional Medical Center Emergency Department (Chandler, AZ)
Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Seay Emergency Center (Dallas, TX)
Cincinnati Children's Hospital ED – Burnet Campus (Cincinnati, OH)
Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center (Indianapolis, IN)
Alexandra Wilson Pecci is a managing editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files