30-Day Readmission, Mortality Rates Updated
Interestingly, two hospitals that scored "worse than" national average in 30-day readmission rates are "better than" national average in 30-day mortality: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, in Boston, MA and Olympia Medical Center, in Los Angeles, CA.
Hospitals scoring "better than" the national average for 30-day readmission rates in one or two disease categories totaled 328.
Hospital rankings for 30-day readmissions and mortality categories may be compared with listings posted on Hospital Compare 11 months ago, when the three-year performance period began and ended one year earlier.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers