30-Day Readmission, Mortality Rates Updated
Interestingly, two hospitals that scored "worse than" national average in 30-day readmission rates are "better than" national average in 30-day mortality: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, in Boston, MA and Olympia Medical Center, in Los Angeles, CA.
Hospitals scoring "better than" the national average for 30-day readmission rates in one or two disease categories totaled 328.
Hospital rankings for 30-day readmissions and mortality categories may be compared with listings posted on Hospital Compare 11 months ago, when the three-year performance period began and ended one year earlier.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big