30-Day Readmission, Mortality Rates Updated
Interestingly, two hospitals that scored "worse than" national average in 30-day readmission rates are "better than" national average in 30-day mortality: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, in Boston, MA and Olympia Medical Center, in Los Angeles, CA.
Hospitals scoring "better than" the national average for 30-day readmission rates in one or two disease categories totaled 328.
Hospital rankings for 30-day readmissions and mortality categories may be compared with listings posted on Hospital Compare 11 months ago, when the three-year performance period began and ended one year earlier.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals