30-Day Readmission, Mortality Rates Updated
Interestingly, two hospitals that scored "worse than" national average in 30-day readmission rates are "better than" national average in 30-day mortality: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, in Boston, MA and Olympia Medical Center, in Los Angeles, CA.
Hospitals scoring "better than" the national average for 30-day readmission rates in one or two disease categories totaled 328.
Hospital rankings for 30-day readmissions and mortality categories may be compared with listings posted on Hospital Compare 11 months ago, when the three-year performance period began and ended one year earlier.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine