Business Roundup: Cadence Health, Rockford Health System to Merge
Bassett Healthcare Network is an integrated health care system serving an eight-county region covering 5,000 square miles in upstate New York. Bassett includes six corporately affiliated hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, health centers and health partners in related fields. With 130-licensed acute care beds, RMH would become the second largest hospital in the Bassett system. RMH has its own 80-bed skilled nursing facility and affiliated primary and specialty physician practices.
UW Health and Aurora Health Care Announce Collaborative Talks
UW Health and Aurora Health Care say they are discussing how the two integrated health systems can work together using accountable care concepts to improve healthcare delivery and lower costs for Wisconsin and the region.
Talks will include ideas for enhancing the mission of the UW School of Medicine and Public Health, which has had a 30-year partnership in medical education with Aurora. Both systems said in a media release that they can build on their collective strengths in clinical quality healthcare that is among the most cost effective in Wisconsin and a commitment to enhancing the health of populations.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement