How Physicians Are Embracing Preventative Care
Kanter is excited about the possibilities. I keep thinking about the quality initiatives being launched under healthcare reform, and many of the plans are wrapped around the idea of detecting health issues involving patients before they become full-blown problems. And that's what the POE is all about. Kanter says the POE is working for physicians, too.
"Physicians like POE because it allows them to do what they were trained to do: talk with patients, diagnose issues and treat them," Kanter says.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014