How Physicians Are Embracing Preventative Care
Kanter is excited about the possibilities. I keep thinking about the quality initiatives being launched under healthcare reform, and many of the plans are wrapped around the idea of detecting health issues involving patients before they become full-blown problems. And that's what the POE is all about. Kanter says the POE is working for physicians, too.
"Physicians like POE because it allows them to do what they were trained to do: talk with patients, diagnose issues and treat them," Kanter says.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations