How Physicians Are Embracing Preventative Care
Kanter is excited about the possibilities. I keep thinking about the quality initiatives being launched under healthcare reform, and many of the plans are wrapped around the idea of detecting health issues involving patients before they become full-blown problems. And that's what the POE is all about. Kanter says the POE is working for physicians, too.
"Physicians like POE because it allows them to do what they were trained to do: talk with patients, diagnose issues and treat them," Kanter says.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told