How Physicians Are Embracing Preventative Care
Kanter is excited about the possibilities. I keep thinking about the quality initiatives being launched under healthcare reform, and many of the plans are wrapped around the idea of detecting health issues involving patients before they become full-blown problems. And that's what the POE is all about. Kanter says the POE is working for physicians, too.
"Physicians like POE because it allows them to do what they were trained to do: talk with patients, diagnose issues and treat them," Kanter says.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?