How Physicians Are Embracing Preventative Care
Kanter is excited about the possibilities. I keep thinking about the quality initiatives being launched under healthcare reform, and many of the plans are wrapped around the idea of detecting health issues involving patients before they become full-blown problems. And that's what the POE is all about. Kanter says the POE is working for physicians, too.
"Physicians like POE because it allows them to do what they were trained to do: talk with patients, diagnose issues and treat them," Kanter says.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill