6 Target Markets for Accountable Care Partnerships
One of the most significant lessons learned from our assessments is to think broadly. Many people have compared ACOs to unicorns, a creature that has magical powers but one that no one has ever seen. Across the country, health systems, insurers and governments are putting new systems in place that are beginning to show us what accountable care might look like. Applying accountable care principles beyond the Medicare market is essential if this country is going to reverse the out-of-control healthcare costs that threaten our fiscal health. The momentum is building across both the private and government sectors—even before Medicare ACOs become a reality.
Joseph F. Damore, FACHE, is vice president, Premier Consulting Solutions, in Washington, DC. Barbara Gray is vice president, Premier healthcare alliance's Partnership for Accelerated Care Transformation, in Charlotte, NC.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay