Physician Checklist Zaps Wasteful Spending
This list is not comprehensive, Morioka-Douglas says. There could be many variations of lists, with other procedures added. “We challenge other physician groups to come up with a comparable list of goals,” she adds.
Weinberger, of the American College of Physicians, says his organization is also forming a checklist for publication soon. “We’re identifying areas of misuses and talking very much about what the National Physicians Alliance is doing,” he says.
But your organization doesn’t need to wait for a national program. Physicians can use the NPA checklist or adapt it to their own needs to ferret out waste.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told