Physician Checklist Zaps Wasteful Spending
This list is not comprehensive, Morioka-Douglas says. There could be many variations of lists, with other procedures added. “We challenge other physician groups to come up with a comparable list of goals,” she adds.
Weinberger, of the American College of Physicians, says his organization is also forming a checklist for publication soon. “We’re identifying areas of misuses and talking very much about what the National Physicians Alliance is doing,” he says.
But your organization doesn’t need to wait for a national program. Physicians can use the NPA checklist or adapt it to their own needs to ferret out waste.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers