Physician Checklist Zaps Wasteful Spending
This list is not comprehensive, Morioka-Douglas says. There could be many variations of lists, with other procedures added. “We challenge other physician groups to come up with a comparable list of goals,” she adds.
Weinberger, of the American College of Physicians, says his organization is also forming a checklist for publication soon. “We’re identifying areas of misuses and talking very much about what the National Physicians Alliance is doing,” he says.
But your organization doesn’t need to wait for a national program. Physicians can use the NPA checklist or adapt it to their own needs to ferret out waste.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance