Physician Checklist Zaps Wasteful Spending
This list is not comprehensive, Morioka-Douglas says. There could be many variations of lists, with other procedures added. “We challenge other physician groups to come up with a comparable list of goals,” she adds.
Weinberger, of the American College of Physicians, says his organization is also forming a checklist for publication soon. “We’re identifying areas of misuses and talking very much about what the National Physicians Alliance is doing,” he says.
But your organization doesn’t need to wait for a national program. Physicians can use the NPA checklist or adapt it to their own needs to ferret out waste.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals