Physician Checklist Zaps Wasteful Spending
This list is not comprehensive, Morioka-Douglas says. There could be many variations of lists, with other procedures added. “We challenge other physician groups to come up with a comparable list of goals,” she adds.
Weinberger, of the American College of Physicians, says his organization is also forming a checklist for publication soon. “We’re identifying areas of misuses and talking very much about what the National Physicians Alliance is doing,” he says.
But your organization doesn’t need to wait for a national program. Physicians can use the NPA checklist or adapt it to their own needs to ferret out waste.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle