Insurer Hikes FFS Pay, Providers Notch Savings
As it stands now, the program requires access to reliable data that smaller physician groups simply can't produce. Over time, Maturi envisions smaller groups joining together into accountable care organizations or similar arrangements that would allow Premera to collectively implement the global outcomes contracting model into small practices.
Premera has taken a first step in that process with the signing of Northwest Physician Network, an IPA with several hundred independent physicians.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013