Physician Alignment Crucial in Cardio, Ortho Care
The other webcast panelist is Marshall Steele, MD, orthopedic surgery medical director of Stryker Performance Solutions. For 15 years, he was medical director of surgical business development and of the operating room at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Maryland. In 2005, Steele founded Marshall Steele & Associates.
Hospitals can establish their relationships with physicians through co-management agreements, establishing solid fiscal arrangements such as through bundled payments, and physician employment, he says.
Oh, and there's something else. Steele has been a big proponent of physicians being employed by one hospital, and not working at competing facilities.
If physicians are aligned with one hospital, they can improve quality of care, he says.
A HealthLeaders Media webcast, Orthopedics Service Line Success: Physician Engagement, Efficiency and Quality, is scheduled for October 16, 2013 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET. Speakers are Marshall Steele, MD, orthopedic surgery medical director for Stryker Performance Solutions, and James D. Holstine, DO, of the Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, Bellingham, WA.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations