Physician Alignment Crucial in Cardio, Ortho Care
The other webcast panelist is Marshall Steele, MD, orthopedic surgery medical director of Stryker Performance Solutions. For 15 years, he was medical director of surgical business development and of the operating room at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Maryland. In 2005, Steele founded Marshall Steele & Associates.
Hospitals can establish their relationships with physicians through co-management agreements, establishing solid fiscal arrangements such as through bundled payments, and physician employment, he says.
Oh, and there's something else. Steele has been a big proponent of physicians being employed by one hospital, and not working at competing facilities.
If physicians are aligned with one hospital, they can improve quality of care, he says.
A HealthLeaders Media webcast, Orthopedics Service Line Success: Physician Engagement, Efficiency and Quality, is scheduled for October 16, 2013 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET. Speakers are Marshall Steele, MD, orthopedic surgery medical director for Stryker Performance Solutions, and James D. Holstine, DO, of the Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, Bellingham, WA.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers