Physician Alignment Crucial in Cardio, Ortho Care
The other webcast panelist is Marshall Steele, MD, orthopedic surgery medical director of Stryker Performance Solutions. For 15 years, he was medical director of surgical business development and of the operating room at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Maryland. In 2005, Steele founded Marshall Steele & Associates.
Hospitals can establish their relationships with physicians through co-management agreements, establishing solid fiscal arrangements such as through bundled payments, and physician employment, he says.
Oh, and there's something else. Steele has been a big proponent of physicians being employed by one hospital, and not working at competing facilities.
If physicians are aligned with one hospital, they can improve quality of care, he says.
A HealthLeaders Media webcast, Orthopedics Service Line Success: Physician Engagement, Efficiency and Quality, is scheduled for October 16, 2013 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET. Speakers are Marshall Steele, MD, orthopedic surgery medical director for Stryker Performance Solutions, and James D. Holstine, DO, of the Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, Bellingham, WA.
Joe Cantlupe is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media Online.
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs