TJC Calls for Restraint in Diagnostic Radiation
He said he expects another Sentinel Alert dealing with overdoses of radiation used in therapeutic healthcare settings.
The Joint Commission's sentinel alert
said that it was drawn from its "voluntary reporting system for serious adverse events in health care. The database includes detailed information about both adverse events and their underlying causes."
The Joint Commission is the largest healthcare standards-setting and accrediting organization in the nation.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Governor Details Healthcare Payment Reform Path in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- MetroHealth Revs Its Population Health Engine
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- HIX Success Could Generate Add-On Revenue for CT