Insurer Hikes FFS Pay, Providers Notch Savings
As it stands now, the program requires access to reliable data that smaller physician groups simply can't produce. Over time, Maturi envisions smaller groups joining together into accountable care organizations or similar arrangements that would allow Premera to collectively implement the global outcomes contracting model into small practices.
Premera has taken a first step in that process with the signing of Northwest Physician Network, an IPA with several hundred independent physicians.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- The Flourishing Medical Tourism Business in America