Insurer Hikes FFS Pay, Providers Notch Savings
As it stands now, the program requires access to reliable data that smaller physician groups simply can't produce. Over time, Maturi envisions smaller groups joining together into accountable care organizations or similar arrangements that would allow Premera to collectively implement the global outcomes contracting model into small practices.
Premera has taken a first step in that process with the signing of Northwest Physician Network, an IPA with several hundred independent physicians.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- 'Country Doctor of the Year' Embraces Challenges of Rural Medicine
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training