EHR Incentives Registration Begins January 3
“Hospitals need to mark their calendars and pay close attention to the timelines to register for both Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentives,” says Debbie Mackaman, RHIA, CHCO, Medicare Boot Camp® Instructor for HCPro, Inc, in Danvers, MA.
Physicians are only eligible for one EHR incentive program at a time—either Medicare or Medicaid—although each physician in a group can register for one or the other, and they may change once during the incentive program.
Berwick notes that while immediate registration is not mandatory, he encourages providers to do so as soon as they have their certified EHR technology.
Editor’s note: Click here to view the CMS press release. Information on the EHR incentive program website is available at www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms. For a list of certified EHR systems or modules on the ONC’s certified health IT product list, visit http://onc-chpl.force.com/ehrcert. In addition, click here for more information on the Regional Extension Centers. Information on state Medicaid EHR incentive programs is available at www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms/40_MedicaidStateInfo.asp.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System