EHR Incentives Registration Begins January 3
“Hospitals need to mark their calendars and pay close attention to the timelines to register for both Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentives,” says Debbie Mackaman, RHIA, CHCO, Medicare Boot Camp® Instructor for HCPro, Inc, in Danvers, MA.
Physicians are only eligible for one EHR incentive program at a time—either Medicare or Medicaid—although each physician in a group can register for one or the other, and they may change once during the incentive program.
Berwick notes that while immediate registration is not mandatory, he encourages providers to do so as soon as they have their certified EHR technology.
Editor’s note: Click here to view the CMS press release. Information on the EHR incentive program website is available at www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms. For a list of certified EHR systems or modules on the ONC’s certified health IT product list, visit http://onc-chpl.force.com/ehrcert. In addition, click here for more information on the Regional Extension Centers. Information on state Medicaid EHR incentive programs is available at www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms/40_MedicaidStateInfo.asp.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big