Final CMS e-Prescribing Rule Eases Requirements
In a statement, The American Medical Association that CMS "has provided more flexibility under the exemption categories and that they have extended the deadline for physicians to apply for an exemption until November 1." But the AMA said it" had hoped for even greater flexibility, including an additional reporting period. We remain concerned that physicians will be hit with a penalty and are not being given enough time to comply with the e-prescribing program criteria to avoid this penalty."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer