3 Ways Tech Can Help Hospitals Collect
Inpatients are a little different, but the only reason that it can't be done is because the payers don't offer it and there's not a singular work flow for it."
But what about the risk that physicians will miss a charge if they don't properly document the visit?
Reiner says he's willing to take it. "If we made a charge capture error, we'll take our lumps. It would be better to miss a charge but get the payment at time of service."
Read more highlights from this lively discussion (including answers to the burning question, "Will that be cash or credit?") in The New Rules of Revenue Cycle: Adapting in an Era of Change.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014