3 Ways Tech Can Help Hospitals Collect
Inpatients are a little different, but the only reason that it can't be done is because the payers don't offer it and there's not a singular work flow for it."
But what about the risk that physicians will miss a charge if they don't properly document the visit?
Reiner says he's willing to take it. "If we made a charge capture error, we'll take our lumps. It would be better to miss a charge but get the payment at time of service."
Read more highlights from this lively discussion (including answers to the burning question, "Will that be cash or credit?") in The New Rules of Revenue Cycle: Adapting in an Era of Change.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries