Farzad Mostashari Looks Back as He Steps Down
HealthLeaders: Do you have any sense of how many vendors who qualified for Stage 1 may not make the cut for the Stage 2 certification?
Mostashari: What I do know is that two-thirds of the market has already certified for Stage 2, by which I mean if you look at the market share, those vendors that account for two-thirds of the existing attestations have already certified, and there are more in the pipeline, so that's going to be something that we continue to watch. We continue to expect that the market pressures will have vendors put the necessary resources into it; there's a lot of revenue coming into vendors, and if they need to prioritize resources into getting the development dollars and the implementation dollars into place, then I would expect the market to reward those who do that, and to punish those who don't do that. That's the way markets work, or at least are supposed to work.
The other issue is, why exactly does it take so long for some vendors, not others, in terms of how long their development and implementation cycles are? Again, we've looked at some of our processes, and we've reduced the timelines for quality measure development, for our regulatory processes. We've reduced the timeline and cycle times for standards acceleration and endorsement, and I would expect that industry should also look to see what they can do to reduce their cycle time, which includes some of the legacy vendors.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised