CMS Names Medicare Advantage Plan Stars
Overall, 119 of the plan contracts that received star rating last year and this year improved their star ratings for 2012, according to an analysis from Avalere Health.
Dean Health Plan, a gold-standard Medicare Cost plan, is similar to a Medicare HMO but offers its enrollees the option of receiving out-of-network coverage.
The plan was also recognized last year. The key to maintaining its status from year-to-year is a culture of customer service and a system wide focus on wellness and prevention, explains Pete Thompson, Dean's strategic marketing manager. Its 5-star plan, DeanCare Gold, has about 20,000 members in eight Wisconsin counties.
In an e-mail exchange, Thompson stated that everyone is "on the same page" because its physicians, hospitals and health plan are integrated into one system that shares the risks and rewards associated with patient outcomes. "The clinic, hospital, and health plan relationship facilitates a coordinated approach and high quality care at a lower cost."
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians