CMS Names Medicare Advantage Plan Stars
Overall, 119 of the plan contracts that received star rating last year and this year improved their star ratings for 2012, according to an analysis from Avalere Health.
Dean Health Plan, a gold-standard Medicare Cost plan, is similar to a Medicare HMO but offers its enrollees the option of receiving out-of-network coverage.
The plan was also recognized last year. The key to maintaining its status from year-to-year is a culture of customer service and a system wide focus on wellness and prevention, explains Pete Thompson, Dean's strategic marketing manager. Its 5-star plan, DeanCare Gold, has about 20,000 members in eight Wisconsin counties.
In an e-mail exchange, Thompson stated that everyone is "on the same page" because its physicians, hospitals and health plan are integrated into one system that shares the risks and rewards associated with patient outcomes. "The clinic, hospital, and health plan relationship facilitates a coordinated approach and high quality care at a lower cost."
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away