3 Ways Tech Can Help Hospitals Collect
Inpatients are a little different, but the only reason that it can't be done is because the payers don't offer it and there's not a singular work flow for it."
But what about the risk that physicians will miss a charge if they don't properly document the visit?
Reiner says he's willing to take it. "If we made a charge capture error, we'll take our lumps. It would be better to miss a charge but get the payment at time of service."
Read more highlights from this lively discussion (including answers to the burning question, "Will that be cash or credit?") in The New Rules of Revenue Cycle: Adapting in an Era of Change.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer