3 Ways Tech Can Help Hospitals Collect
Inpatients are a little different, but the only reason that it can't be done is because the payers don't offer it and there's not a singular work flow for it."
But what about the risk that physicians will miss a charge if they don't properly document the visit?
Reiner says he's willing to take it. "If we made a charge capture error, we'll take our lumps. It would be better to miss a charge but get the payment at time of service."
Read more highlights from this lively discussion (including answers to the burning question, "Will that be cash or credit?") in The New Rules of Revenue Cycle: Adapting in an Era of Change.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers