CMS Releases 2013 IPPS Final Rule
VBP proposed changes
Beginning in FY 2013 and continuing annually, CMS will adjust hospital payments based on how hospitals perform or improve their performance on a set of quality measures. In the FY 2013 IPPS final rule, CMS establishes:
- When hospitals will receive Total Performance Scores
- The application of the 1% reduction to base-operating DRG amounts for FY 2013 discharges
- That value-based incentive payments will be made begin in January 2013 with respect to discharges occurring in FY 2013
CMS finalized several policies for the FY 2015 Hospital VBP Program, including:
- Grouping and scoring measures in four domains: clinical process of care, patient experience of care, outcome, and efficiency
- Adding two new outcome measures and one new efficiency measure
- Finalizing performance standards, including achievement thresholds and benchmarks for all measures
The final rule will appear in the August 31, 2012 Federal Register. Download a display copy here.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus