New Foundation for Rural Health Leadership
So how will we know if the foundation is a success?
"As all foundations do, we will track the participants as we go forward," Morgan says. "The people involved in these leadership activities, how do they translate that into success in their communities? And how do we translate that at a national level? How do we cultivate these leaders so they can be the future spokespeople for improving access to healthcare in rural America?"
With the training and expertise that rural providers attain with foundation support, Mueller expects that they will become strong advocates for rural healthcare at the state and national policy-setting level.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- FTC wary of mergers by hospitals