12 Benefits of Leasing Equipment
- Can the cash flows be shaped to match circumstances? In many cases, leases can be tailored to fit month-to-month or year-to-year cash flow needs. Customer arrangements can be designed to address requirements such as cash flow, budget, transaction structure, cyclical fluctuations and more. Some leases even allow companies to seasonally skip one or more payments without penalty. Be sure to ask your equipment finance partner what options are available for your healthcare facility.
Another important step in financing is to seek the guidance of an experienced and reliable financing partner. When making this choice, consider whether the finance company:
- understands your health-care organization’s needs
- is quick in its credit application approval process, among other factors
- is stable and able to offer expert guidance through economic ups and downs
Even as healthcare professionals meet new challenges in providing the best possible patient care, so must their supporting healthcare organizations consider all the available tools to pave the way for optimal delivery of that care.
A good financing partner will take the time to ask and, more importantly, to listen to you as you work together through the above questions. The goal is to gain an understanding that will make the financing package as attractive as possible for your organization, because after all, the value of equipment comes from using it, not owning it.
Scott Daugherty is vice president at Key Equipment Finance, a bank-held equipment finance company. He can be reached at (317) 464-8062 or via email at: Scott_Daugherty@Key.com .
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations