Q&A: Parkland's Incoming Interim CEO on Problem Solving
Q. Have you had any discussions with Dr. Royer?
A. I know Tom. We both worked at Christus. I spent time with him yesterday and I'll spend time with him today.
Q. Your current contract is for four months. Are you committed to staying until a permanent CEO is named?
A. I am, but that's at the will of the board. I am not a candidate for the permanent CEO position. At this stage in my career it's not something I am interested in. If I were at a younger stage in my career it would be an attractive position.
Q. Why did you take on this job?
A. I didn't just get a telephone call and say, 'okay I'm in.' Parkland has had a great reputation over the years for saving lives and performing miracles. There are a large number of very dedicated people at Parkland who are doing the right thing but are faced with a challenge right now. Who wouldn't want to be part of this?
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Why Cedars-Sinai Screens All Inpatient Adults for Depression
- Blum Latest Leader to Exit HHS
- 3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make