CMS Proposes IPPS Changes for 2012 and Beyond
The proposed rule will be published in the May 5 Federal Register. CMS will accept comments on the proposed rule after Federal Register publication, until June 20, and will respond to them in a final rule to be issued by August 1.
Kennedy notes that, with further changes coming as a result of PPACA and the ICD-10 transition, members of the hospital community may want to submit comments that will help inform CMS' development of the IPPS proposed rule for 2013. To do this, commenters should issue a letter by November to CMS separate from their comments on the current IPPS proposals for 2012.
Editor's note: Click here to access the proposed rule.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely