CMS Proposes IPPS Changes for 2012 and Beyond
The proposed rule will be published in the May 5 Federal Register. CMS will accept comments on the proposed rule after Federal Register publication, until June 20, and will respond to them in a final rule to be issued by August 1.
Kennedy notes that, with further changes coming as a result of PPACA and the ICD-10 transition, members of the hospital community may want to submit comments that will help inform CMS' development of the IPPS proposed rule for 2013. To do this, commenters should issue a letter by November to CMS separate from their comments on the current IPPS proposals for 2012.
Editor's note: Click here to access the proposed rule.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers