CMS Proposes IPPS Changes for 2012 and Beyond
The proposed rule will be published in the May 5 Federal Register. CMS will accept comments on the proposed rule after Federal Register publication, until June 20, and will respond to them in a final rule to be issued by August 1.
Kennedy notes that, with further changes coming as a result of PPACA and the ICD-10 transition, members of the hospital community may want to submit comments that will help inform CMS' development of the IPPS proposed rule for 2013. To do this, commenters should issue a letter by November to CMS separate from their comments on the current IPPS proposals for 2012.
Editor's note: Click here to access the proposed rule.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula