CMS Proposes IPPS Changes for 2012 and Beyond
The proposed rule will be published in the May 5 Federal Register. CMS will accept comments on the proposed rule after Federal Register publication, until June 20, and will respond to them in a final rule to be issued by August 1.
Kennedy notes that, with further changes coming as a result of PPACA and the ICD-10 transition, members of the hospital community may want to submit comments that will help inform CMS' development of the IPPS proposed rule for 2013. To do this, commenters should issue a letter by November to CMS separate from their comments on the current IPPS proposals for 2012.
Editor's note: Click here to access the proposed rule.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges