CMS Trials Bundled Payments for Episodes of Care
Cecil B. Wilson, MD, immediate past president of the American Medical Association, said: “The AMA appreciates CMS' responsiveness to our interest in bundled payments. We are pleased the initiative provides flexibility and a range of models. This may be an important opportunity to learn how to organize these approaches to improve patient care, quality, cost of care, and practice economics."
"We look forward to reviewing the details of the application criteria, and we urge CMS to encourage applications for physician-led bundling initiatives. We urge CMS to be prepared to provide technical assistance and data to interested physicians who may not have experience with bundled payment models.”
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns