CMS Trials Bundled Payments for Episodes of Care
Cecil B. Wilson, MD, immediate past president of the American Medical Association, said: “The AMA appreciates CMS' responsiveness to our interest in bundled payments. We are pleased the initiative provides flexibility and a range of models. This may be an important opportunity to learn how to organize these approaches to improve patient care, quality, cost of care, and practice economics."
"We look forward to reviewing the details of the application criteria, and we urge CMS to encourage applications for physician-led bundling initiatives. We urge CMS to be prepared to provide technical assistance and data to interested physicians who may not have experience with bundled payment models.”
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch