CMS Trials Bundled Payments for Episodes of Care
Cecil B. Wilson, MD, immediate past president of the American Medical Association, said: “The AMA appreciates CMS' responsiveness to our interest in bundled payments. We are pleased the initiative provides flexibility and a range of models. This may be an important opportunity to learn how to organize these approaches to improve patient care, quality, cost of care, and practice economics."
"We look forward to reviewing the details of the application criteria, and we urge CMS to encourage applications for physician-led bundling initiatives. We urge CMS to be prepared to provide technical assistance and data to interested physicians who may not have experience with bundled payment models.”
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity