CMS Trials Bundled Payments for Episodes of Care
Cecil B. Wilson, MD, immediate past president of the American Medical Association, said: “The AMA appreciates CMS' responsiveness to our interest in bundled payments. We are pleased the initiative provides flexibility and a range of models. This may be an important opportunity to learn how to organize these approaches to improve patient care, quality, cost of care, and practice economics."
"We look forward to reviewing the details of the application criteria, and we urge CMS to encourage applications for physician-led bundling initiatives. We urge CMS to be prepared to provide technical assistance and data to interested physicians who may not have experience with bundled payment models.”
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues