Parkland Hospital Preps for CMS Reassessment
"We're trying to emulate the kind of activities a surveyor would do, such as going out to each unit at all shifts. We have people on our team who will come in Saturday night at 9:00 or early morning hours on a Monday morning," says Urbanowicz.
Board members were generally pleased with October's progress report.
The board also approved a two-month extension of interim Chief Executive Officer, Robert "Bob" Smith's term. Smith is a retired executive from Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. His original four-month contract will now last for at least six months, with the option to be approved on a monthly basis after February. Smith is Parkland's second interim CEO.
He declined to be a candidate for a permanent CEO, in a recent interview, saying "... it's not something I am interested in. If I were at a younger stage in my career it would be an attractive position."
Jacqueline Fellows is an editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction