Parkland Hospital Preps for CMS Reassessment
"We're trying to emulate the kind of activities a surveyor would do, such as going out to each unit at all shifts. We have people on our team who will come in Saturday night at 9:00 or early morning hours on a Monday morning," says Urbanowicz.
Board members were generally pleased with October's progress report.
The board also approved a two-month extension of interim Chief Executive Officer, Robert "Bob" Smith's term. Smith is a retired executive from Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. His original four-month contract will now last for at least six months, with the option to be approved on a monthly basis after February. Smith is Parkland's second interim CEO.
He declined to be a candidate for a permanent CEO, in a recent interview, saying "... it's not something I am interested in. If I were at a younger stage in my career it would be an attractive position."
Jacqueline Fellows is an editor for HealthLeaders Media.
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- CDC Expanding Quality of Care Efforts
- Advanced EHRs Save 10% Per Patient, Study Says
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments
- Providence, Swedish Health Launch Employer-Driven ACO
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not