CMS Releases 2012 OPPS Proposed Rule
Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program
CMS proposes adding nine quality measures to the current list of 23 measures that hospital outpatient departments must report. That will bring the total number of measures to be reported for 2013 payment determination to 32. The new measures include:
- Six chart abstracted measures
- One healthcare associated infection measure to be reported to the National Health Safety Network
- One measure about the use of a safe surgery checklist
- One measure collecting hospital outpatient department volume for selected surgical procedures
In addition, CMS proposes added one measure—influenza vaccination coverage among healthcare personnel— to the list for reporting for the CY 2015 payment determination.
Comment on the proposals
CMS will accept comments on the proposed rule through August 31, and will issue the final rule by November 1. Visit http://www.regulations.gov to submit electronic comments on this regulation. Follow the instructions under the “More Search Options” tab.
CPT copyright 2010 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions