Don't Bungle Bundled Payments
For most hospitals and health systems, a change to a bundled payment is fraught not only with financial risk, but also the risk of a change in work patterns and culture within and outside the organization. Like a marriage, such massive changes shouldn't be entered into lightly. Through simulations such as these, changes can be made over time and don't have to be so jolting and risky.
After all, you can't afford to ignore the demand for better value in healthcare, allowing other systems to leapfrog yours in the transformation.
Philip Betbeze is senior leadership editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians