Cardiac Registry Readmission Rates Now Public
CMS spokesman McLeod says that with the addition of PCI readmissions outcome data on Hospital Compare, the federal website is also refreshing measures showing processes of care, hospital acquired infections and patient experience survey scores. Mortality rates and imaging efficiency data will also receive their annual refresh.
Other readmission rates will not be updated until later this year because of a computer glitch, and measures for hip and knee replacement surgery are not being released until October.
These hospitals that had "better than" 30-day readmission rates for PCI:
1. Huntsville Hospital, AL
2. Munroe Regional Medical Center, FL
3. Genesis Medical Center, IA
4. Parkview Hospital, IN
5. Baystate Medical Center, MA
6. St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital, MS
7. Frye Regional Medical Center, NC
8. Nebraska Heart Hospital, NE
9. Greenville Memorial Hospital, SC
10. Piedmont Medical Center, SC
11. Fletcher Allen Health Care, VT
12. Sacred Heart Medical Center, WA
13. Bellin Memorial Hospital, WI
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High