5 Ways to Boost Physician Acceptance of EHRs
- Provide special amenities to take the pain out of launching the software
As a special thanks to physicians during the first two weeks of launching EMR, TMC created a special menu in the cafeteria, and all meals were free. The hospital also invested in an on-site car detailing service. When physicians arrived in the morning, they handed their keys to a detailer. Leaving the hospital with a clean car was just a small reward for the time they took to learn the EMR. "We recognized that we couldn't make it pain-free, but we could let them [the physicians] know that they are important to us," says Warren.
Liz Jones is an associate editor with HCPro. She writes Medical Staff Briefing, co-writes Credentialing & Peer Review Legal Insider, and co-manages www.MedicalStaffLeader.com. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program