5 Ways to Boost Physician Acceptance of EHRs
- Provide special amenities to take the pain out of launching the software
As a special thanks to physicians during the first two weeks of launching EMR, TMC created a special menu in the cafeteria, and all meals were free. The hospital also invested in an on-site car detailing service. When physicians arrived in the morning, they handed their keys to a detailer. Leaving the hospital with a clean car was just a small reward for the time they took to learn the EMR. "We recognized that we couldn't make it pain-free, but we could let them [the physicians] know that they are important to us," says Warren.
Liz Jones is an associate editor with HCPro. She writes Medical Staff Briefing, co-writes Credentialing & Peer Review Legal Insider, and co-manages www.MedicalStaffLeader.com. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots