5 Ways to Boost Physician Acceptance of EHRs
- Provide special amenities to take the pain out of launching the software
As a special thanks to physicians during the first two weeks of launching EMR, TMC created a special menu in the cafeteria, and all meals were free. The hospital also invested in an on-site car detailing service. When physicians arrived in the morning, they handed their keys to a detailer. Leaving the hospital with a clean car was just a small reward for the time they took to learn the EMR. "We recognized that we couldn't make it pain-free, but we could let them [the physicians] know that they are important to us," says Warren.
Liz Jones is an associate editor with HCPro. She writes Medical Staff Briefing, co-writes Credentialing & Peer Review Legal Insider, and co-manages www.MedicalStaffLeader.com. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants